Time & Location
About the Event
Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail are acting in compliance with local and national guidance on COVID-19, and encourage all program participants to take actions to ensure the safety and comfort of those around them, including maintaining distance and/or wearing a mask if unvaccinated.
Get your paddle muscles ready! Join Carolina Thread Trail and the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation for a morning guided kayak trip on the Catawba River. This section of blueway, which includes Lake Wylie, is part of the Carolina Thread Trail’s blueway network which currently includes over 170 miles of waterways in North and South Carolina. On the river, we will explore the natural surroundings, learn about the local ecosystem, and hear from the Catawba Riverkeepers about their efforts to protect and improve water quality in the Catawba-Wateree River Basin. See you on the water!
This paddle is offered in partnership with the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation.
***You must be able to swim to participate in this event.DETAILS:
- Course: 2-3 mile paddle on the Catawba River Blueway- Lake Wylie Section
- Time: Saturday, July 17, 9 am- 11:30 am
- Parking Address: Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park, East, 1400 Catawba St, Belmont, NC 28012 MAP
- Catawba Riverkeeper outdoor educator
- Carolina Thread Trail staff guide
- $25 kayak, PFD, and paddle rental
- Safety gear and first aid
- Extra face masks and hand sanitizer
- Full water bottle
- Water shoes or old sneakers
- Hat, sunscreen, sunshirt, bug spray
- Clothes you don’t mind getting wet
- Personal medical supplies (Epipen, inhaler, etc.)
- A personal face mask